Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Have you heard of Wiffiti?


Wiffiti is another Web 2.0 tool that incorporates text messages, Twitter updates, and Facebook statuses as if it were a real time conversation. Students, and adults (I'm guilty), are attached to their cell phones and with Wiffiti, we MAY be able to incorporate the use of cell phones in the classroom as a quick response to a question or provide examples of figurative language. I do think you could engage students to hook them into a lesson and then move on to another more educationally relevant Web 2.0 tool. Check it out here!

1 comment:

  1. I have taken two classes at SU where I was asked to use my cell phone for polling purposes - a survey was posted on the big screen and people answered anonymously. It was a neat way to see results unfolding right before my eyes. I agree that since most students have their phones attached to their hands like an third appendage, acknowledging this fact and harnessing it for educational purposes could prove beneficial. The only draw back that could arise is that students would think it was okay to have their phones out all the time during class. Great exploration of a new tool!

    ReplyDelete